Bromeliad Forum
October 19, 2017, 14:49:45 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Welcome to the Bromeliad Forum, feel free to join in the discussions

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Time for me to let go :( Entire collection for sale  (Read 2676 times)
grumpygrub

Australia Australia

Other Plants I Grow: small palms, cordylines, crotons, bamboo

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 14:05:06 »

Hi Germaine,

thank-you for a wonderful morning  Smiley even with getting car sick it was well worth the 5 hour drive! not only was your collection just stunning, WOW (and again thank-you for letting us take some of your babies home), but it was also great to have some one who was lovely to deal with.

Cheers, tess 
Gardengems

Australia Australia

Other Plants I Grow: Vegetables, daylilies, Heliconias and gingers
Hobbies: poultry farming

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2011, 16:23:54 »

No worries Tess.
I thought you guys were just wonderful people, down to earth and kind.
So glad you came and I got to show off my broms.
I could tell you were in love with them by all your "Oh my God's" you said.
You picked some beauties thats for sure...hope you have loads of fun with them putting them all in place to create your masterpiece
Premium Advert
Gardengems

Australia Australia

« Reply #17 on: June 22, 2011, 03:19:49 »

Just popping in here to update whats going on with me and the broms.

After long family discussions about what were thinking of going ahead with by moving into town and the consequences, we have come to the decision that it wont be the right move for us right now.
and it all boils down to finances of course. Why move away from the jobs we have to a place far away with no jobs.
My husband really does not want to move away from the country life, He loves it more then anything.
We have started reducing everything we have and have reduced our chickens.
We will keep reducing everything we have so that our lives arn't so busy out in the yard so we can do more with the children
Something also very wonderful has happened regarding the children and their bus travel times. A new small bus was issued to the district to only pick up one particular school (ours) and so now the travel time into Mareeba and back has been cut by 30 mins.
ANYHOW...we are here to stay on for a while....until the next change of events with our unstable family life we have....lol

One good thing that has come out of all this (even though there has been many good things from this) is now I am out in the brom house more, looking after them and sorting through the mess....slowly de-pupping as many as I can....potting up and selling some off. Falling back in love with them again....and putting my name on more and more in the keeps section.
Soon we will do some markets just to make a bit more space with all this depupping Ive been doing.

I hope to get some pics up in the discussion boards to show you all...... now that the weather is dry and colour is coming back to their leaves Smiley
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

paul_t23

Australia Australia

« Reply #18 on: June 22, 2011, 05:45:56 »

Hi Germaine,

It's great to hear that you're able to get back into it.

All the best, Paul

I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.  (Douglas Adams)
splinter1804

Australia Australia

Hobbies: I belong to the Illawarra Bromeliad Society as well as the Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society and we restore and operate old 2' gauge steam and diesel locomotives and associated rolling stock

« Reply #19 on: June 22, 2011, 08:51:31 »

Hi Germaine,

I told you there wasn't a cure for chronic bromeliaditis; not even moving to another area.

Best to make the most of it and just treat the symptoms by spending more time with them and taking lots of pic's to post here for us all to see  Smiley.

All the best, Nev.
Gardengems

Australia Australia

« Reply #20 on: June 23, 2011, 05:22:29 »

HaHa....oh its a serious disease Nev, Authorities should be notifies so they can come up with a cure. Although Im quite happy where I am doing what Im doing at this point.
I have spent time out there today potting up Laurie's arrivals Smiley   Happy as a pig in it I tell ya.
I took pics in the midday light because they looked gorgeous and bright in real life, but when they load onto the computer the pics seem so bright they are washed out looking. I can share some of them as they dont look too bad and nearing their real colours.
Loading some to FB now actually Smiley
Will bring some in here as soon as Im able Smiley
Rickta66

Australia Australia

« Reply #21 on: June 23, 2011, 14:18:56 »

Germaine,

I'm glad to see that you are continuing to grow Broms, you were growing some lovely plants.

It would be great to see some photos when you have time.

Rick
Gardengems

Australia Australia

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2011, 11:48:36 »

Thanks Rick Smiley
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: