Bromeliad Forum
February 18, 2018, 04:06:34 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Change your Profile, Photo etc by clicking on the Profile button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Trip to Pallada garden, north Thailand.  (Read 1170 times)
jaga

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #15 on: June 16, 2016, 09:12:07 »

Hi all, Nev you have given us all a lot of very good info above on Tissue Culture, thanks for sharing that knowledge. It would be good to have a go at it just for fun but don't see any chance of that.
Yes there's any number of different guzies in the garden centres/supermarkets available here so must be a profit in it at $25 NZ. Like you say Nev they last and are better value than flowers by a long shot.
Sorry to say that gigantea was grown in the pre digital age, I thought I had one PIC at flowering but can't find it. But anyway as far as I remember it looked very true to form, pointed spear shaped leaves with the typical leaf marking. Grew to about 900 dia x 750 h. It was from a garden centre here and labeled as Tissue cultured from Holland.
Some nice comments re the cross I made , thanks, when it flowers I had better try some crosses. maybe more seed your way. I'm hoping the addition of the fosteriana hybrid will give it some strength.
Good to see you have persisted with your guzmania's Nev some nice colours! I have enough other broms without getting into those but its nice that you have got extra rounds out of the originals, as I'm sure they are not supposed to last, a sign of your good growing abilities!

-John.
chefofthebush

South Africa South Africa

Other Plants I Grow: orchids, tropicals, ferns, palms,
Hobbies: Almost Everything!

« Reply #16 on: June 16, 2016, 17:34:31 »

Great info Nev!

Thanks

Conrad
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: