Bromeliad Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:53:19 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Change your Profile, Photo etc by clicking on the Profile button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Very much underrated bromeliads that should be in more collections  (Read 2956 times)
splinter1804

Australia Australia

Hobbies: I belong to the Illawarra Bromeliad Society as well as the Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society and we restore and operate old 2' gauge steam and diesel locomotives and associated rolling stock

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2016, 21:21:21 »

Hi everyone.

Kayleen - I thought that plant of John's was somehow familiar, but didn't connect it to your plant Kayleen as I hadn't seen them before and wasn't all that familiar with them, nor did I pick up on the reversal of the variegations; it seems I'm not as observant as I used to be.

What I did remember though when looking at Kayleen's plant this morning was the name 'Regeloides' which is on the plant before that one. It seemed very familiar when I saw it and the name was "ringing bells" as well. When I checked my records I see that name has been changed to Nid. rutilans. I have Nid. rutilans and that's why it was familiar. I also see that the plant before it is a nice variegated form of Nid rutilans, so now you have both, variegated and plain. Looks like you have to write out another name tag now.

John - Nice pic's of your Nid. 'Raru', I noticed yesterday that one of my two plants of 'Raru' is in flower but the larger of the two isn't; this has me now wondering why? They were both same size pups from the same mother plant, they were both potted at the same time in the same mix, fertilised the same and are growing side by side? I guess there's always some question to try and answer when growing brom's.

All the best, Nev.
Kayleen C

Australia Australia

Other Plants I Grow: Natives, tropicals

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2016, 03:30:18 »

Nev I have had neos do that. One plant will flower in 2 yrs the other 3yrs even though they were treated identical.

Save water, shower with a friend.
Premium Advert
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: