Bromeliad Forum
November 17, 2017, 20:22:07 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Invite a friend, by clicking on the Invite button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help wanted please  (Read 2328 times)
splinter1804

Australia Australia

Hobbies: I belong to the Illawarra Bromeliad Society as well as the Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society and we restore and operate old 2' gauge steam and diesel locomotives and associated rolling stock

« on: October 06, 2014, 03:00:28 »

Hi Brom Friends – I guess you could call this an S.O.S. which I’m sending on behalf of some local Brom Friends.

They are planning a visit to Thailand and would like to visit a Bromeliad Show if possible while they are there, but first they need to know dates, times and locations for these shows.

To get this information they obviously need details of a contact person/s and I would be most appreciative if anyone could help me with this search as so far I’ve come up against brick walls.

Thanks in advance, all the best, Nev.
jaga

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2014, 08:15:45 »

Hi Nev, would say they will need to make contact with the Thai brom people on dare I say it 'face book' - quite a number posting there. We went to Nong Noch tropical garden some years back, which is close to Pattaya, where there is a big brom garden, there web site has a way to contact them, they may know of the show schedules. That garden is about 1 1/2 hrs from the airport by bus(have a lot of info on this one if they wish to go there)  there's also another garden near Chang mai in the north, we have not been there but by the looks of what they post on FB it would be worth a visit. here's a link to the web page http://www.thaibromeliads.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=4 , Pallada gardens is the name of the place.

We also featured one of the thai hybridizers in our journal, will need to go through them to find it, also a poss source.

Cheers Jaga
« Last Edit: October 06, 2014, 08:26:42 by jaga » Logged
Premium Advert
splinter1804

Australia Australia

Hobbies: I belong to the Illawarra Bromeliad Society as well as the Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society and we restore and operate old 2' gauge steam and diesel locomotives and associated rolling stock

« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2014, 20:51:22 »

Hi everyone.

Thanks for the web address Jaga; I've contacted a few Thai places but unfortunately the couple of answers I got were written in Thai.

All the best, Nev
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

jaga

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2014, 22:06:41 »

Nev, there are online language convertors via google or we do have a 'app' on our tablet if you want to send it to us .
splinter1804

Australia Australia

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2014, 22:14:03 »

Thanks for the offer Jaga but for now I'll just leave it a bit and see what else eventuates. The result from the language converter I used made as much sense to me as the original language.

All the best, Nev.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: