Bromeliad Forum
September 26, 2017, 14:50:41 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Change your Profile, Photo etc by clicking on the Profile button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: odds 'n ends  (Read 509 times)
gonzer

United States United States

Other Plants I Grow: Great Pyrenees doggie flowers
Hobbies: rock 'n roll music, surfing, eating fine cuisine

Gnarly dude!

« on: September 04, 2014, 13:54:06 »

One of my best; T. ehlersiana x pueblensis, a very sturdy and symetrical plant

You are not allowed to view images.
Please register or login

T. ionantha x achyrostachys; a big blushing bloomer sitting on a standard trashcan lid

Please register or login

Please register or login

T. rothii's in full swing

Please register or login

This guy is a beast, T. seleriana x ionantha. It must weigh 3-4 pounds.

Please register or login

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE SOLELY MY OWN BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND NOT THE MANAGEMENT'S
chefofthebush

South Africa South Africa

Other Plants I Grow: orchids, tropicals, ferns, palms,
Hobbies: Almost Everything!

« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2014, 21:08:49 »

You have some really nice specimens there, Gonz! I see you still disregard the feelings of us members sitting on the other side of the globe who cannot even get the most common of common hybrids here! It really makes me very very jealous! A good thing too, I assume, as I would go into severe bank overdrafts with some of the plants available there!

The rothii's look stunning. Do you get any seed off them? (yes I am fishing again).

Happy Airplanting!

Conrad
Premium Advert
splinter1804

Australia Australia

Hobbies: I belong to the Illawarra Bromeliad Society as well as the Illawarra Light Railway Museum Society and we restore and operate old 2' gauge steam and diesel locomotives and associated rolling stock

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2014, 22:06:20 »

Hi everyone.

Every time I see plants from your Till collection Gonz, I get a feeling of disappointment that I've never been successful with this genera. I still remember the pictures of your wonderful specimens you posted back in the days when I first joined the Garden Web Forums; and our Brom Society Secretary, "Eileen", still talks of the time she visited you to look at your collection when she was in the US for one of the brom conferences some years back.

As well as having beautiful plants, you have them displayed so well which makes them even more pleasing to the eye. I remember once someone asked you how many you had in your collection and I don't remember ever having heard the answer so could you tell us again please?

Is that white lattice made of timber, plastic or some composite material? Your babies look like they just love growing suspended from that, and it highlights them so well. I guess the white colour would add to the light due to reflective qualities as well. Do you grow all of your Till's on cork? It just seems to add to the sculptural appeal of them also and makes them even more attractive to the eye.

I love the look of all of your "odds 'n ends" and find it difficult to single any one out in particular; they're all fine looking plants, so please keep posting your pic's as I know a lot of people are getting a lot of enjoyment from looking at them.

All the best, Nev.
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

gonzer

United States United States

Other Plants I Grow: Great Pyrenees doggie flowers
Hobbies: rock 'n roll music, surfing, eating fine cuisine

Gnarly dude!

« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 01:02:25 »

Conrad, I'll pollinate the rothii's myself so you can get some seed. I won't forget.
Nev, yeah, I've got a lot of plants. I know back in April the count was 614 different species and hybrids with 80% being species. With all the extra plants hanging around I'd say the actual count is closer to 1500 plants. I don't know, I'm too damn lazy to count 'em.
I will say that the plant in the first photo is really one of my top 5, rare or not, I just love the symmetry it exudes.

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE SOLELY MY OWN BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND NOT THE MANAGEMENT'S
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: