Bromeliad Forum
December 14, 2017, 10:53:59 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Any Admin problems, email me at admin@cliviaforum.co.za

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: New Zealand gardens  (Read 5102 times)
jaga

New Zealand New Zealand

« Reply #15 on: April 03, 2013, 06:54:25 »

Was amazing to meet a lot of you and great times we all had !!. the pic Lisa showed, of the top of our house is soon to have windows added in to the holes around that  triangular fibre glass roof to form our roof top conservatory, yep some broms will be inside I just have to negotiate how many.
Japie and Lisa , Im also not convinced on the variegate but we may never know, both Gerry and Avon before him made a large number that were not named , we have a couple via Gerry that have formula name using 'Star Gazer' as one of the parents to muddy the water further !, one of these is similar looking to above but sadly the mother is past its best so no pic at the moment.
graykiwi

New Zealand New Zealand

Other Plants I Grow: Palms, Succulents, Agave, Yucca
Hobbies: Fishing, Landscaping, Reading, Cooking, Sports

« Reply #16 on: April 03, 2013, 19:58:36 »

Lisa, I believe the "Avon Ryan" plant in question you may have photographed at the Flanagan's place on the Sunday tour ? If so, it is the same as one Margaret has given me a pup of. It's apparently known as 'Avon 195' but it was never registered, Avon gave it to Margaret some years ago before he passed on.

It has quite a large striated rosette, with a spotty pink flush on the underside and supposedly goes quite white at flowering time. Highly likely another selected one from the 'Tickled Pink' or 'Pink Coral/Pink Porcelain' grexes maybe ? Margaret had 3 of them planted together, tucked under some date palms on her driveway loop that were very whitish looking and really caught the eye. You may have seen them too ?...I didn't get a pic unfortunately, as was raining at the time, but will do some more close-up pics of mine if I remember.

Certainly is one I have in mind for breeding with next season, as looks to be a likely transmitter  Grin
« Last Edit: April 03, 2013, 20:04:48 by graykiwi » Logged
Hunter

South Africa South Africa

Other Plants I Grow: Neoregelias, Aechmeas, Billbergias, Tillandsias
Hobbies: Fly fishing, Hunting, Scuba Diving

« Reply #17 on: April 05, 2013, 19:24:56 »

Some stunning photos and gardens Lisa, thanks for sharing them. Nice people Lyn and Trevor, good name as well Wink
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

Lisa
Global Moderator

United States United States

Other Plants I Grow: gingers, Heliconia

« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2013, 22:58:44 »

You're right, Graeme.  I had photographed the tag to ID the photo, then deleted it.  I managed to fish it out of the recycle bin, and it looks like I may have misinterpreted the inscription. 

You are not allowed to view images.
Please register or login

This was in her greenhouse area.  I didn't see the 3 by the driveway.  Good luck breeding with it!   Wink

You are not allowed to view images.
Please register or login
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: