Bromeliad Forum
February 24, 2018, 17:21:14 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Invite a friend, by clicking on the Invite button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Our own Pedro  (Read 545 times)
gonzer

United States United States

Other Plants I Grow: Great Pyrenees doggie flowers
Hobbies: rock 'n roll music, surfing, eating fine cuisine

Gnarly dude!

« on: September 26, 2012, 01:08:39 »

Boy, talk about a guy who'd be just at ease playing on your softball team as he would be addressing a contingent of experts on the anomalies of trichome variation in the Tillandsia tectorum complex. If I was a drinkin' man I'd be skullin' me some tallies with Pete just trying to learn a fraction of what he knows.
We hooked up at Isley's Bonsall facility last week as he was prepping for the Conference with me acting like Flounder in the movie Animal House. He'd grab one of these and four of that and toss 'em over his shoulder saying "heads up mate!" with me catching the plants and putting them in his "pile". The pile measured about 4m x 6m. Huge! Wink
Seriously, what a credit he is to the hobby and Australia. No BS about him and a wicked sense of humor to boot.
For all of you who can, envision a greenhouse with about a bazillion square feet with endless two layer rows stretching forever. Peter was walking up and down EVERY damn one of 'em looking at EVERYTHING! I finally had to go home Cry but not until I had a good great dose of Peter from Down Under.
Not sure why I wrote this but he is a cool customer. If you read this Pete...Thanks!.

THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED HERE ARE SOLELY MY OWN BASED ON EXPERIENCE AND NOT THE MANAGEMENT'S
paul_t23

Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 05:58:19 »

Hey gonzer,

It sure sounds like you had a fun time and it also sounds like a lot more delicious imports are heading back to OZ  Shocked  Yew bewdy!  I hope Pedro can get plenty of them through quarantine so he can get some return on the investment and I wish I had that much energy.

I've never had a "Pedro on the prowl" experience but even when he's flat-out at show sales and I'm the one doing the prowling, he's always great for a good no BS chat about anything at any sort of level you care to get into and he's always been very generous with some beaut plants to boot.  Great stuff.  I'm glad you're getting the chance for a bit of contact time.

Cheers, Paul

I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.  (Douglas Adams)
Premium Advert
Brod

Australia Australia

Aechmea lilacinantha

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2012, 23:10:37 »

Well said Gonzer with a generous spirit.
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

pedro

Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2012, 23:49:01 »

Thanks guys

I sure enjoyed meeting up with Gonzer and Andy too - so pleased I had the time in the end in a hell of a hectic schedule. I will report on my missions in the near future too. I am in Orlando now and if you are facebook person you can follow Barry Landau's updates on Planet Bromeliad.

A happy Gonzer with what I think are duratii hybrids??
You are not allowed to view images.
Please
register or login

Cheers, Pedro
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: