Bromeliad Forum
February 24, 2018, 17:22:21 *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

News: Change your Profile, Photo etc by clicking on the Profile button above

Home   Help Forum Rules Login Register  
Del.icio.us Digg FURL FaceBook Stumble Upon Reddit SlashDot

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Neo carcharodon type broms wanted in Australia  (Read 639 times)
Springer99

Australia Australia

« on: October 05, 2011, 04:27:46 »

Hi everyone,
I thought it might be worth asking about, although I am quite sure I am not the only one chasing these broms.  I am very fond of the Neo carcharodon type broms, ie Tiger, Silver, Giant, Spines, Macho, Rainbow, etc the list goes on and on.  But I'm sure you all know the type I am talking about, big teeth strong tough looking Neos.
I am honestly not a fan of ebay and the bidding wars people get into. 
I would much rather buy from someone privately for an agreed price.
It would also have to be from someone else in Australia. 
If you have anything that you think I might be interested in, can you please message me. 
I do have Skotak's Tiger and Macho.  But anything else is this type of area, I would love to add to my collection.
Thanks so much,
Tash.
Oh PS I would be delighted to get hold of seed as well.   Grin
paul_t23

Australia Australia

« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2011, 04:38:32 »

Hi Tash,

I suspect that people will want to sell their pups on eBay while the prices are still high, especially since they quite likely paid an even higher price on eBay to get their parent plant a couple of years ago!  But good luck, anyway.  It is definitely worth asking.

Cheers, Paul

I love deadlines.  I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by.  (Douglas Adams)
Premium Advert

United States United States

Other Plants I Grow: There are other plants?

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2011, 05:07:02 »

My advise is to just wait for it. You can usually get anything you want if you are patient. Are you a member of a local bromeliad society? Joining a local society is the best way to get plants and learn about bromeliads.

“If I could remember the names of all these particles, I'd be a botanist”, Enrico Fermi
No ads for the duration of the month!!!

Please consider a small donation to help cover expenses.
Local donations, click here
Donate to the Forum

Springer99

Australia Australia

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2011, 05:07:54 »

Thanks Paul, that's what I am thinking too, but I just thought I'd ask and see what came of it.  I have heard of a few people just  lately picking up some real bargains from private sellers that don't seem to be chasing top dollar for their pups.  I think some people charge what they paid, or close to it, and others have more the opinion that they can can sell a few pups to recover the cost.  Everyone is different, hopefully someone might have some that they are willing to sell at a reasonable price.  
Worth a try huh?   Wink

Not holding my breath, but you just never know Smiley

Oh and thanks 378, sorry not sure of your name, but I'm not part of a Bromeliad Society as where I live it's a bit hard to get to one when the meetings are on.  I am learning alot about patience when it comes to broms Smiley
« Last Edit: October 05, 2011, 05:10:22 by Springer99 » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: